I recently received a beautiful Swedishicon M1896 Mauser with the "SA" stamp. The stock is beautiful and it matches the receiver. So it is the original stock. The only problem is that the stock cracked by the bayonet lug area enroute to my house thru USPS. Kind of a bummer but that happens.

Anyways I would love to repair her but I will probably buy another stock just to keep the original stock safe. The pictures I took are the best I could do. I can tweek the crack to where it will open. It is on both sides of the stock. I also have to keep in mind that the cleaning rod runs right thru the stock so my repair has to be positioned correctly. I have heard of ACRAGLASS but do not know to much about the stuff.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can use to maybe glue her back so she is sturdy? And what is the best way of going about this with out making her have an ugly repair?

Any tips will be greatly appreciated. I want to get this swede back to the range!

Blane

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.