Private sale on CGN

CanadianGunNutz.com

FS 1944 Long Branch .22 (precursor to the later Cno7)

VG+ condition. A very nice looking rifle. There is a ding in the wrist of the buttstock, a couple of small marks here and there but overall very nice.
The buttstock is N length. Buyer would have the choice of it or a B Bantam length buttstock which is like new, I'll swap it if desired.

The receiver number was scrubbed and restamped to match the bolt number as is typical of many of these rifles, thus matching numbers. I've read that this renumbering was SOP in the Canadianicon Forces, although most of these were reassembled from parts after service.
The barrel has been indexed properly by my gunsmith, meaning the flat on the knox form is parallel to the ears for the rear sight, thus it can be sighted in accurately at various distances.

Included is the rifle shown, transit chest as shown (in very nice shape) and 3 Canadian Army targets as shown. No accessories or cleaning rod included. Further pics available on request.
Hmm... I'm suspicious. It's in my nature. I don't recall renumbering of receivers being "SOP" in the Canadian Forces. I also don't think No.4 based trainers were typically "reassembled from parts after service".

Finally, why did the barre lhave to be properly indexed by the seller's gunsmith if it's an original military trainer???

Caveat Emptor gents.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.