Quote Originally Posted by paulm View Post
Ok everyone I now have the straight story.The Germen Mauser was the exclusive domain of Paul and Willhelm mauser who manufactured the German Geweher 98 and the Karabiner K98 in Oberdorf Germanyicon until sometime after the end of WW2. It stands among the top 10 rifles of the world, and is #4 in the top bolt action rifles of the worlld( I may be wrong on the bolt action bit) If I am feel free to correct me.I do not know where Mitchell came into the picture, but he is no authority on the Mauser, and I will not buy one of his guns.The more time I spend with this hobby the more I learn
I'm not sure what you mean by "Mauser was the exclusive domain". Mauser type rifles were made all over the world by numerous makers, licenced and not. Some of the rifles sourced in Yugoslaviaicon were unissued. Many were rebuilt there. Many were made there, others in Germany or elsewhere in Europe. MM rebuilds rifles. Whether they are considered scrubbed bitsers or are desirable as anything other than shooters is a matter of opinion.