Threaded View

Last On
    04-23-2022 @ 07:42 PM
    Local Date
    05-20-2024
    Local Time
    10:43 PM

Range Day Yesterday

I always find myself with plenty of range work needed, so yesterday I took a few things over there. A Taurus PT1911 that was shooting left - I had to adjust the rear sight at home - put it in the vise and drifted it with a framing hammer and a piece of wood. I got lucky - it turned out I couldn't have placed the sight better if I knew what I was doing! Right down the center. And, it had been quite awhile since I fired a Carbine, so the Inland was dragged over there too for a little workout. I just took a box of 50 PMC that I've had for years and one mag. Naturally the Carbine was clean and oiled, as it always is. Function was perfect and a little fiddling with the rear sight had me on line at 100. You forget how great it is to shoot a Carbine. For those who have not fired one, get out and do it. I guarantee a big smile. After shooting mostly ARs and AKs lately, it just feels so simple and natural to fire the Carbine - no wonder the G.I.s loved it. I finished up with the big business of the day, sighting in a new EOTech red dot sight on my Colt 6721 AR15. I probably fired 150 rounds on that too, for a total of about 250 on the day. It was just one of those good range days when everything goes your way. Just don't add the ammo cost - it's chilling. Replacement value on the 150 U.S. LC M855 today is about $100. The Carbine ammo is about $25 and the .45ACP also about $25. That's $150, folks. But you have to do this if you maintain weapons in 'ready' condition, knowing you can count on function and accuracy.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 6 Members Say Thank You to INLAND44 For This Useful Post: