My Eddystone model 1917 was issued to the Canadians or Brits......probably the Brits. It has the red paint stripe around the forend and the bolt is serial numbered. The bolt is a Remington and not serial numbered to the rifle. There is the eagle proof 339 cartouche in front of the triggerguard so it went through rebuild....right? The stock is a Remington. My theory is that when they painted the stocks they got separated from the original rifle and perhaps many stocks were swapped out. The front sight is marked 7 5 and is staked in it's original position. What I don't understand and have no reasonable theory why was the bolt changed? Why are the bolt parts a mixture of R,W and E? Why wasn't it parked at rebuild? Or was it parked without sand blasting? Bead blasted? It's a beautiful rifle but the swapped out parts are a mystery to me. Any ideas? I have never fired it, however, the bore is pristine and measures <1.5. Regards, Rick.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.