I know this is a military shotgun forum and my shotgun does not have any military or Gov't markings. But I believe there is enough evidence to believe it has been in the wars, just no way to prove it. enough to justify posting it here? If not, then please accept my apologies.

I am confused about the serial number. i have tried to look it up but get confused by the number among models. If I read it right, mine might have been made in 64/65.

As a rule, the army in 'Nam did not issue shotguns for soldiers in the field. But if you had one, they would supply shells for them. I do know soldiers bought sporting shotguns at the PX and cut down the barrels for carry in the field. It is my belief that this may be one of them. (if I got the serial date right.)

I refinished the stock with BLOicon. It was black with grime when I got it. Over all this gun has been rode hard and put up wet. There is wear on the internals that it has been shot a lot. By example, the positive shell stop is worn so that more than 2 shells in the mag will cause it to let 2 shells come out. That's a heck of a jam, let me tell you. (anybody know where I can find a positive shell stop?)

The checkering is not straight, looks hand cut. The 73 and star. Home in 73? I bought the shotgun here in Texas. The roll 'engraving' is almost completely worn away. The blue is completely worn away, only finish is patina. The wear on this gun seems to me to far exceed that of a shotgun carried only for hunting, no matter how avid the hunter. The rough hand checkering strikes me as being done by someone with more time than skill on his hands- a soldier? The shotgun is marked "full" so is a cut down. The barrel and receiver serials match. The serial on the receiver is on the face or front of it.
Said ser.# is 90241. The model designation on the barrel is "Ithaca-37" hyphen is part of stamp and there are no letters like S or T there.

I hope my old gun is acceptable for this forum and that you all can provide me with some answers.
Thanks whatever the case.
Attachment 23277 Attachment 23278 Attachment 23276
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.