I recently picked up a 1910 Erfurt K98icon. I must apologise that I did not take enough pre photos (sorry Patrick, Badger et al). I washed the stock and removed a lot of black crud from the stock. The barrel was very rough and dark looking with a 5mm hole. At first glance the bore looked beyond redemption, after a good deal of cleaning it looks reasonable, and 8mm.

The stock had been repaired with a brass sheet where it was broken completely through. I re-enforced this with metal rods and acrabond, as well as the previously used brass. There was very little rust, all parts seem to have matching serial numbers.

I am now oiling and "boning" the stock. I did not have BLOicon but I did have a good amount of tung oil which has done very good services on sporting rifles for me.

I will post photos when the rifle is complete. If any of you well informed folks notice anything unique in the markings I would love to hear your comments.

I assume from the vintage that this rifle has the .323 bore. I will check dimensions before firing. I will welcome comments on this as well.

Not a major restore like the Argentineicon rolling block (a truly epic post thanks guys) just a bit of elbow grease and some love. More photos to follow when complete. hope y'all enjoy. GRF
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.