Y'all have helped me out in the past, so I'm hoping someone can tell me more about this rifle I picked up yesterday.

It's a Mosin Nagant 91/30 sniper, made at Tula arsenal in 1940. All four serial numbers match, and it has the Tula sniper markings (СП in Cyrillic) above the arsenal stamp. To the left (if looking down the barrel) of the receiver stamp is "SA" (Roman alphabet) inside a square, and then "ZHxxxxx". The Cyrillic letter Ж (usually Romanized ZH) is in the start of the serial number on the rest of the parts. The SA looks like this one, which means maybe it was captured by the Finns?

The stock has the Tula arrow within a star, and a year underneath it, but I can't tell what the year is (the third digit looks like a zero now). It also has an "H" (which could be the Cyrillic N) inside a diamond. There's also what looks like a circle with four hash marks in it.

Finally, the scope. I'm thinking this is probably not original to the rifle. It's a PU, with the Sovieticon markings (star, then under that the hammer & sickle with a lens underneath). Underneath that, it says "91/30" and then the serial number. Most of the originals I've seen have a year, which is what makes me question it. Also, I can't see any stamps or markings on the scope mount.

Any thoughts y'all may have would be appreciated.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.