Everything works. Pull the hammer back, the cylinder rotates. It lines up correctly. Pull the trigger the trigger falls crisply. Loading handle is a bit loose at the muzzle end but seems normal. It won't pop loose on it's own. It functions smoothly.

I don't think the cylinder soaked in rust remover because the nipples are still black from either powder residue or rust or both. But it easily could have had it coated on. Or it could have been fired and not cleaned properly after the rust was removed. I'm guessing that whatever was done to it did not weaken it structurally? I imagine the pressures we are dealing with here are pretty low compared to modern firearms.

The wedge will not tighten up the gun when pushed in by hand. It's close but it's just a bit loose. A tap or two with a small block of wood tightens it up just fine but it is almost touching the screw at this point. Perhaps that is normal. I do have a replica Walker, that's how I knew how to take the thing apart but I only ever shot that once and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with it.