As some of you may know, last winter I cleaned up the two carbines I have and a lot of you helped me with some things. Especially the sizes of springs and all that. There were a couple of other issues that I got fixed too thanks to your help. A sticky flip safety on the inland was one. And imarangemaster sent me a bolt for the stock that helped because mine was all stripped.

So, I thank you guys TONS!!!!

I want to take mine and shoot them but I also want to make sure they are safe. My kids are starting to shoot now and they might want to try one out.

So, I do have an older ex marine gunsmith I could take them to. Or, I was thinking I could get my own headspace gauge. I have shot them before and they seem fine, but I am just wanting to exercise some due dilligence. I didn't get mine from the CMPicon.

Would the headspace be basically the most critical for safety? And if so, what gauge do you all recommend? Can I just buy a no go and see if they close on it or not?

Should I bite the bullet and get Kuhnhousens (however you spell it) book and does he go through this?

Is this what I should get? I'm assuming yes. Half way down the page is the .30 carbine.
http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-to...prod40876.aspx

Also, I have two mags that I have springs that are 5-1/4". Or is it 5-3/4". Whatever the "right" length is, I have two of them. Is it 5-3/4"? BUT, I have several other mags with worn out springs and for some reason I had a hard time finding mag springs when I looked over the winter. Anybody have a good source for them?

Thank you all again for your input and help. I really appreciate it.

standard products

inland
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.