Luis
    Local Date
    05-01-2024
    Local Time
    08:50 PM

Fn mag 58

Hi Fellows

This is my FN MAG 58 Project

This is a M240B Airsoft Gun with Real Steel FN MAG 58 parts , like Flash Hider, Gas regulator, Top Cover, Drum, Sling , and coming soon a Real Wood Butt!

The M240 Disassembly

Regards
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to Luis Bren For This Useful Post:

Advisory Panel
    Last On
    04-28-2024 @ 11:48 AM
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire. The home of MG Cars
    Real Name
    Peter Laidler
    Local Date
    05-02-2024
    Local Time
    12:50 AM
    We had them as the L7A1 and L7A2 plus various other tank and helicopter variants like the L8 and L37 etc etc. They were known as The General'. Another word for them was 'GBF's'. As in 'Great Balls of Fire'! In Vietnam, the RPD was also known as the GBF too though.

During visits to Warminster I used to relate the story of the GPMG's acceptance into the UKicon Military and WO2 Fogwells discussion with the Director of Infantry. It was thje most expensive one to buy/licence build with soooooo many conditions but we've never looked back. It was/is like a faithful old beagle. Whatever you want it to do, whatever you ask of it, no matter how much you throw at it, no matter how badly you treat it or how dirty it gets. It just does it AND comes back for more. GREAT machine gun........

Someone ask me why the gas system is sooooooo complicated too. There's ANOTHER story of pure engineering/physics/mechanical acumen. Complicated but it works - EVERYWHERE!

4. The Following 3 Members Say Thank You to Peter Laidler For This Useful Post:

5. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
    Advisory Panel browningautorifle's Avatar
    Last On
    Today @ 04:40 PM
    Real Name
    Jim
    Local Date
    05-01-2024
    Local Time
    04:50 PM
    It was and still is an excellent example of what to outfit an Infantry section/Platoon with. We were trying desperately to make the 1919A4 work in 7.62, call it the C1/C4/C5 Mg and only if you had a knack could it work properly. I watched most have great difficulty because the platform had changed so many mods it no longer was user friendly. I watched from a distance while the UKicon had a user friendly gun, only when I was past carrying and almost past supervising did we finally get the C6(Mag 58)...user friendly and simple to operate. As one old friend stated to me..."Where was this when we wanted to do this stuff?" Well...better late...
    Regards, Jim

7. Thank You to browningautorifle For This Useful Post:

Last On
    11-01-2023 @ 01:52 PM
    Real Name
    Luis
    Local Date
    05-01-2024
    Local Time
    This project started before I could have the Bren. I wanted to have on my hands a LMG. and for that we chose Airsoft replicas. I love the story and the time in which these weapons so well acted and I have other replicas as an Springfield M14icon, an Colt M16 with M203 launcher, Sten MKII, M1918 BAR, M60, Browning HP , Colt 1911 and AKM .
    A try to install them each original parts to adapt, as the Airsoft replicas are slightly smaller.

Regards

9. Thank You to Luis Bren For This Useful Post:

FREE MEMBER
    NO Posting or PM's Allowed
    Last On
    04-28-2014 @ 09:33 PM
    Local Date
    05-01-2024
    Local Time
    06:50 PM
    My Co-worker used a version of these back in Iraq as a Marine . I asked him if he used a MAG-58 there. He gave me a quizzical look until I corrected myself and said a 240 Gulf. He said yes and they were also issued the M-249. They had gotten them from the Army and he stated they were all beat to hell. He said the main problems they had with the M-249 was the feed tray. A Ret. Army Officer friend of mine told me about when the M-249 were first used in Panama. It seems they could not penetrate the thick walls of the city with their .556 rounds. A call was made to pull out the M-60s out of storage and emergency airlift them to Panama. Gotta love FN !

Last On
    11-01-2023 @ 01:52 PM
    Real Name
    Luis
    Local Date
    05-01-2024
    Local Time
    Hi Fellows

My Airsoft FN MAG on Original Tripod !

Regards
    Luis

FREE MEMBER
    Last On
    Today @ 10:44 AM
    Local Date
    05-01-2024
    Local Time
    07:50 PM
    Here's pics of me in the IDF with both my Zelda and my Mag58. The Mag was a bit painful to run around and roll with, but lots of fun to shoot. I made the "Magist" gloves all by myself!

Last On
    Real Name
    Jim
    Local Date
    05-01-2024
    Local Time
    Zelda is what? An M113? Looks like a bolt on armor add on?
    Regards, Jim

FREE MEMBER
    Last On
    Today @ 10:44 AM
    Local Date
    05-01-2024
    Local Time
    07:50 PM
    Yes, Israeli M113s were nicknamed Zelda. They had a light, screen-type armor with a space between it and the standard body armor. It was supposed to protect against certain AT weapons. Fortunately I was never on the receiving end of a test. As a driver, I was always more concerned about driving over a mine with the left track. Whether open or buttoned up, it would have been a short, interesting ride.

Last On
    Real Name
    Jim
    Local Date
    05-01-2024
    Local Time
    I drove those for many miles and lots of different country (a few countries too). I never hit a mine either, I think it would have burned for days...
    Regards, Jim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast