Gents,
I have grabbed another rifle to restore! Or not.
Here is a late war transition/ last ditch rifle type 99 that I scored at a gunshop. Bubba worked on this one a bit... but first some photos.

The top rifle is the one that I just scored. As you see, the fore end has been cut, and the nose cap is missing. Bubba also messed with the upper handguard, and was carved back.
One saving grace is a partial "grind" on the Mum...

Here is the arsenal mark.

Rear and front sights...

End of fore end

What is interesting, is that bubba didn't remove the barrel before cutting on the stock. I do have light (but safe) cut marks on the barrel from a hack saw.

As you can see, the stock was modified forward of the barrel band. This allows me to actually cut the stock further back, to create a "duffel cut" situation (with sourced end cap). If I make a new fore end.

However, with the heavy sanding of the stock, it will be tough to take it back to "military". However, the stock appears to have some light water damage that should be repaired.

This is not the roughest last ditch or transition rifle by any means... Here are some random photos...

What is interesting, is that the bolt matches the receiver.

Now if you go back to the rifle on the bottom of the top photo, I repaired the stock on that one. The duffel cut section and top cover and end cap were missing. So this is a do able restoration... or beginning of a nice sporter (since 7.7 can't normally be found).
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.