Just thinking out loud, but as a Canadian I would give a kidney to have a legal, shootable, Bren. With everyone thinking so highly of them, and with the relative success of other designs that have already been done and made available here, I wonder why no one is even talking about doing it. It sounds like even the new replica semi BARs have all but sold out here through pre-orders, even at $5,999! The only gun I would even consider spending that much money on would be either a No4T that I absolutely had to have, or a Bren I could shoot. If one came available I'd probably do my best to convince my wife that I NEEDED it and take a loan!

Technically speaking, how difficult would a semi-only Bren receiver be to build? I don't have any experience with the design at all, perhaps it can't be done and that's why it hasn't? I've wondered about this for a while, especially seeing the 1919s, MG34 (and soon MG42s?), Suomi, and now BAR.

I'm fascinated by this LMG, and regardless of whether I can own one or not, I'd love to learn more about them. I haven't posted in here before because I can't own a live one, but I've been reading here quite a bit and love the history in them. I'd like a Dewat in the future if nothing else.

Interested in hearing what those here who know them the best think about this.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.