Threaded View

Last On
    04-07-2024 @ 08:42 PM
    Local Date
    05-10-2024
    Local Time
    02:21 AM

1939 Code 42 Nazi German P08 Luger

More cool WW2 stuff for my collection. After a very long wait (23 years), I finally acquired a Nazi Luger pistol. I first met the Nazi Luger at my great uncle's house when I was 7 years old during a thanksgiving get together. Him and my dad were talking guns, my dad showed him his .38 special Taurus 85, and he pulled out a strange pistol. When I asked him "what pistol is that?", his answer was "It's a Germanicon Luger". I know for a fact that my grandpa was a WW2 veteran, but I think that my great uncle was too, maybe he got it as a bring back. Thinking about how strict laws are back home regarding firearms, there is no other way for him to get his hands on a Nazi Luger, unless he actually brought it back himself. He already passed, and nobody knows what happened with the gun.

Anyways, this example is a 1939 Code 42, made by Mauser, complete with an original leather holster and magazine. I am missing the loading/take down tool, but I can easily buy that on ebay. It's a numbers matching gun (except magazine), retains all of its Waffenamt stampings and has some bluing left which is fine to me, since I like old guns with patina. It does have some minor pitting. The holster is in really good shape, with a nice vintage look, retaining the Nazi eagle crest, internal pull strap and Waffenamt markings.

Enjoy the pictures!

World War II Rivals!!

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    M1911A1- An American Classic!

Interested in buying WW2 era m1911a1 parts, accesories and field gear.

2. The Following 5 Members Say Thank You to usmc3439 For This Useful Post: