I've posted this in a couple of FB groups and on another web forum, but I figure the more opinions the better. Plus, I've received a lot of good info from this forum in the past and assume this will be no different.

While considering a trade on another gun, it crossed my mind to put my M38 up for trade. I thought better of it, but it has me wondering what a realistic value on it would be. I'm not convinced to try to sell/trade it, but I'm not a safe queen kind of collector and I hate to do too much shooting of this gun due to its rarity.

What I have is a 1941 Izhevsk M38 with Finn [SA] and D stamps. No import mark (including on end of barrel) and no indication of refurb that I see. The bore is nice and bright. Its in an M38 stock (prewar with screwed escutcheons), not an M44 stock. The receiver and Bolt SN's match, though the bolt has several mismatched parts. The buttplate mismatched and floorplate scrubbed with no SN. It does have some mismatched parts (including Remington and Sestroryetsk), but that's not a surprise being Finn captured. There are numerous stamps that I have no idea what they mean or if there's any significance at all to them.

I've seen/heard estimates of anywhere from $300-700, and a couple of guys on Facebook groups mention potentially even higher. One guy suggested I post it here to get some opinions, so here it goes.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.