Threaded View

Last On
    Yesterday @ 02:43 PM
    Local Date
    04-27-2024
    Local Time
    09:53 AM

No4MK1 T EXPERT OPINIONS NEEDED

I am looking at this T series Lee Enfield. . I would appreciate if you would look at these pictures and give me your opinion. Trying to find out if this is this is the real deal or not (forced match, all original, etc.). The fellow who has this rifle told me he purchased it at least 30yrs ago, he said the chest is in tough shape, straps, wood. One of the pictures shows a wood knot that fell out of the bottom another picture shows a fresh piece missing from the side....the chest is not matching, he thought it came from a Dutch contract T rifle. In regards of price of the overall package, how much of a percentage would this non-matching chest add or subtract given the fact of condition and mis-matched #'s, I may try to purchase it less the chest. He said the condition of the scope and rifle is near mint, the bore is mint.....out of all the T series he said this was the nicest he has seen in regards to condition. I had him pull the butt stock off to verify rifle serial #, as pictures will show. He applied chalk in some instances to highlight serial #'s. Scope, mount, butt stock and rifle bolt are all matching, the mag I don't believe is as no serial #'s can be seen in the picture. On the right side of the receiver you can see the stencilled "No4MK1" why it is not stamped in rather than stenciled? The lower fore stock has been replaced (non-matching serial #) kinda interesting why, as the rest of the wood looks as good as new and authentic but yet it's been replaced. Does this look like it has been done while still in service, and does this de-value the rifle in a substantial way. The "S" stamp on the right side of the receiver looks as it has had a double impression, maybe first impression was not struck hard enough. The scope can is also non-matching but appears to be in very good shape. The sling condition he said has been "well used". This rifle cannot be viewed in person by me as it's way to far to travel so that's why I had him send me all these pictures. If I purchase this rifle I will be shooting it.....do these shoot as well as a Longbranch or vice/versa, or is there really no difference? The price is $6000 Can. To my untrained eye it looks to be a very, very nice rifle.....your thoughts or concerns would really be appreciated. Regards.

Picture are in the attachments and their are 3 files total .pdf
    Open with program such as adobe reader.

Moderator Edit: I've added in-line PDF file viewing capability fore those members that don't have an Adobe file reader, or don't know how to view these pics embedded within the poster's PDF files.

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by Badger; 01-25-2015 at 11:14 AM.