A while back I got my hands on a matching Gewehr 98 rifle from a dear friend. I love the rifle and wouldn't consider selling it and am quite happy with the condition overall, BUT at some point, the bayonet lug was bent and buggered so that a bayonet not longer wants to mount on it AND the front barrel band has had the sling keeper hug removed. This is a real bummer for me because I have a perfect s98 butcher bayonet I want to mount on the rifle as well as a very nice sling to go with it. I am one of those nit-picky collectors who likes to have all the bits for my rifles and not being able to properly attach a sling is bugging me. So, the rifle's serial number is 7644 and the existing parts only have 44 stamped on them with of course the imperial proofs. So, calling all parts hoarders, does anyone out there have either the correct bayonet boss and/or front barrel band with 44 stamped on it? I would of course be happy to pay for the parts (within reason of course ) Help a collector out, please!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.