NO Posting or PM's Allowed
    Last On
    06-10-2017 @ 11:03 AM
    Local Date
    05-07-2024
    Local Time
    06:08 AM

Newly bought 1943 T sniper.

As the title says I finally got my hands on an enfield T sniper. It's a gun I've wanted for sometime now. It's a scoop less gun and the stock has been sanded and laqured. Up pretty good but I'm going to strip the stock and refinish it back to as close to original as I can get. Had the gun on another forum so now that I actually won the gun in the auction i figured I'd get some more opinions on it. I know the gun isn't museum quality but I feel it's in great shape for a shooter/personal treasure. I have not had the gun shipped yet so more pics to come but here are a few pics from the auction. Also looking for pics to what the stock should look like when I'm done and I've also been told that i should be looking for a first gen scope, but I have seen mk2 scopes stamped 1943. So guys please school me. I know about some of the marking as I've done a weeks worth of reaserch. I know about the TR, the T on the receiver by the screw , the S stamped in the receiver and H&H marks on the butt stock. The pictures don't show the D6E mark but some say bc it's an early gun it may not have it or it may be stamped somewhere else. Also the front mount pad they say may have been replaced later in the guns life after it left H&H due to its not perfectly level to the receiver. The stock on the other hand has slight appearance of scope serial number on wrist and the 5 in the s51 stamp is slightly visible in person I guess when I called on the gun. When I asked if it had it the guy could see it slightly now that he new too look for it.

How do I upload pictures on this forum?

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by Z28addiction; 02-07-2015 at 11:31 AM.