Last batch of Chinese SKS's from Classic Firearms said they were a bit nicer than previous batches, so I decided to jump since I hadn't grabbed one yet. I chose the handpick option, and got my order in very early after they first had these available.

Here is what I got (see pictures)

I emailed all these pictures to Classic, and called them on the phone. Despite the terrible condition, and the fact that I paid extra for hand select, I am still having to cover the cost of return shipping.

When I first took the rifle out of the plastic, I just noticed the rust on the gas cylinder and rear cover. I emailed them saying I had a issue with the order and was going to either want to return it or receive a partial refund.

After breaking the rifle down further and seeing that the extent of the rust was much worse than I had even imagined, I decided there was no way I should keep this rifle. That is when I called them to get an RMA number.

I was notified they had issued me a partial refund without even responding to any of my emails. I explained how the rust was so bad, no partial refund would make it worth keeping this rifle.

That is when I was told I could return it, but they would not cover cost of return shipping. I am guessing I'll have to eat the 3% restocking fee when it is all said and done, too.

I know it can be easy to miss rust under all the cosmo, but that is why I paid for hand select. I don't see how I should be responsible for paying to return this item, and will not be doing business with Classic again, after several previous purchases.

Let me also add another point that makes this situation even worse:

My purchase from Classic before this SKS was a Romanian Tokarev listed in Excellent condition. I also paid for hand select.

It came with a sewer pipe-rusted out bore. That does not fall under excellent condition definition, so I contacted them. I was told I could have a discount on shipping for my next order.

So, after I decided to order this SKS, I contacted Classic and told them that they could forget about the discounted shipping if they would just pick me a nice SKS.

The employee responded "We will send you a nice rifle, I will personally see to it"

I have all the emails back and forth with the Classic employee.

So, that makes it even more irritating that I not only received this rusty rifle, but am also having to pay to return it. Attachment 62692Attachment 62704Attachment 62703Attachment 62702Attachment 62701Attachment 62700Attachment 62699Attachment 62698Attachment 62697Attachment 62696Attachment 62695Attachment 62694Attachment 62693Attachment 62705
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.