evening all my name is bill in I am interested in older guns and rifles. while I an in here I will ask my first question. a while back I came across a 30-40 krag mfg. in 1900. its looks like nice old rifle. most of it I have it apart and cleaned .except the top wood hand guard.the rear screw will not lossen up.i am wondering if I can just gently push the hand guard over the top an through the wood hole ? what I have so far is put long pieces of shim stock between the barrel and steel clamp pieces and also some shim stock between rear sight and wood hole, then gently tap on the long pieces of shim stock ? I have so far been able to move the stock down about 1/8 or so but I stopped at that point for now !!, but it seems like it may work ??? hoping I can get some advice if this may work ? or another way to get the screw out ? possibly take screw driver and grind down to what I need thanks for any and all help you can give me bill p.s. not good at spelling
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.