Hello everyone.
I am very new in the Enfield field so please I apologize for my ignorance.
I purchased the Telescope version of the No4.
When I bought it I was aware of the not good conditions, origin and coherence of the weapon. After a night reading plenty of infos here and in other forums, for the cost of just few hundreds bucks, now I am here asking for some help.

First of all I post some pics of the item in the actual conditions and this is what I realized:
-Receiver with S on the right side, Crown D6 E near the bolt slot, T on the left side...I assumed it is original for Telescope, not about the serial;
-Buttstock not original of the weapon, missed rifle serial on the socket end, some confused letters or numbers punched on the top but in strange position, missing S51 mark on the pistol grip;
-Original No32 MkII telescope, but I believe not of this rifle...?!....repainting job;
-Original scope mount but with some reworking job for the second large serial. The scope mount, such as the whole rifle, has been sprayed with black commercial paint. Strange (?) lettering on the mount rings;
-Handguard (unfortunately with the indian screw)...do not know if it is original of this rifle;
-Solid front sight...correct?;
-Mk1 rear sight but missing Enfield and SM marks;
-Marks on the socket with some reworking...I suspect renumbering....will follow more detailed pics;
Please take a look at the pics....more will follow.
Please let me know the first impressions and feel free to ask all pics or infos in order to make clear the story of this rifle and what I need to do to restore it.

By the way I attempted to contact BDLicon Ltd. for the order of the "An armourer's perspective" book but the email has not been delivered....someone knows the reason?...I need to purchase this book and the other pamphlet about the Telescope I saw on this forum!

I wish to thank in advance all folks will help me in this journey.
Paolo
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.