Sometime in the mid-1990s, I acquired a Model 37 Ithaca police trade-in riot shotgun. Word was, that it came out of the Portland Maine Police Department. As I recall, the barrel is something like 19-inches long with the gun being parkerized and having sling swivels. By the serial number, that Model 37 dates to the 1960s and has the "non-disconnect" (I think that's what it's called?) feature.

For years now, the Ithaca M37 has been stashed in our master bedroom as a "Bump in the Night" gun. There are three riot type shotguns, along with a couple of basic revolvers hidden in readily accessible places within this 2,800 sq. foot house. We've had some "Bump in the Night" activity here with the bumpers leaving footprints in the snow. At least once, they tried to pry open a back sliding door. . . . while I was in the house. Without my knowing it, they were spooked away when I came upstairs from the underground basement bunker below for a snack in the kitchen. Needless to say, an opportunity was missed that night to try out the old Ithaca Model 37 non-disconnect feature.

My question is . . . Would this be the same type of Model 37 shotgun as manufactured and purchased by the military from the 1940s - through the 1960s? Looks in photos like the same weapon carried by U.S. troops and Navy personnel in various wars.

http://www.harddollarnews.com/
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.