Quote Originally Posted by desperatedan View Post
John,
No issues. I have a straight pull Imbel FAL and the liner dropped straight in. I believe that, by definition, with new/replacement barrels UKicon straight pull L1A1s could well have slight differences in bore/rifling diameters which could affect liner fitting, especially where following the original kit specs.

Does your new liner fit both (?) your SP L1A1s?

Kev
Morning Kev, I have adjusted the liner to fit my Enfield L1A1, it won't even get past the chamber of the Lithgowicon, to be fair, that rifles only had about 100 rds through it though) it was check fitted and proofed in an Imbel, just slid in.

As Peter has pointed out before, the utter pointlessness of proofing a blow back .22 bolt group and a liner that's held within a barrel ... about as much use as a chocolate tea pot!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Laidlericon View Post
Better still, as the legal owner of a sub calibre kit, when you do eventually give up FULL bore shooting, you can retain your L1A1 too. Because by default, it is the medium by which you shoot SMALL bore! Good 'eh!
That thought did occur to me to Peter, I also have an FAC "place holder" on my cert, a Brocock revolver, this was added back in 2004 when the option was to hand them in for scrapping or put them on your FAC.

The beauty of this little revolver is that there is no requirement to be a member of a club to keep it, so if I ever want to divest myself of all my firearms I can, but keep the Brocock and my FAC open indefinitely!