Quote Originally Posted by RobD View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but why did the Lee Enfield need a butt plug?
Don't ask, don't tell...

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
I have used the coat hanger trick in the past. I picked up one of these last year and it seems to do the trick as it was designed to do.

Brian B

SMLE Wad Removal Tool (brass) - BRP CORP Store
I found it last night, and I was going to try the clothes hanger trick first. It was, alas, unsuccessful.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
Your probably aware but if your not, the forend must be removed first.
That was on my "don't miss this part" list, but it appears that someone in the rifle's past was unaware of that requirement.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Laidlericon View Post
We had a little tool in our Armourers basic tool kit. TOOL, removing, wad, stock-bolt. I'm totally bemused as to why you just didn't look down the 3/4" hole with a torch whereupon the answer would have been obvious
I can see the plug with a bore light, but what is in the hole of the rifle appears to be packed wadding. It have seen replacement plugs online, and they have a hole in the center. In my rifle. it appears to be pack wadding possibly wool from the look of it and is solid.