Hi all,

Please forgive me if this is an old thread or have already been answer. I got a semi auto Bren from a guy on Gun Broker in April 2016 with 2 barrels, one in original .303 and the other in 7.62X54r, he stated that he built it using Len Savage semi auto kit. Last Sunday I brought it out the first time and get nothing but trouble. First I try the .303 barrel and the breech lock (bolt) only move partially (about half way back) after the round goes off then put the empty case back to the chamber, I have to remove the barrel to get it out because the carrier stuck and I cannot pull it back. I adjust the gas regulator to max (number 4) and get the same problem, even with the 7.62X54r barrel. Have anyone get the same problem that I have? mine come with 2 springs, the small long one (recoil spring?) in the butt stock and the short fat one connect to the striker. I check the gun and nothing seem to bind, the bolt, carrier and striker slide in smoothly. When I try to load a single round and not fire it, then pull the carrier back manually the round extract fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you all in advance

Loc Chau
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.