Just became the proud owner of a 1874 Torino Arsenal rifle reworked in 1886 by Torino today.

So far I have figured the sear surface on the striker is very dangerous and needs to be TIG welded to restore the sear surface as closing the bolt without holding back of bolt down it will sear off with a out of battery bolt handle. If I can get it to hold about a 1/2 pound on the trigger will set it off.

That I can take care of. I will get a buddy to TIG weld the sear surface and build it up about .050" and then stone it off. I will not attempt to fire it till I am sure it is not going to sear off out of battery.

My problem is that I can't figure out how to get the bolt out of the rifle. Just to the rear of the magazine cut off is a another area. At 3:00 on the bolt there is a slot that looks like it is for a screwdriver. On the same piece about 12:00 there is something that looks like it needs to move forward into a opening on the mag cut off ring.

Have the bolt apart, just can figure out how to get the bolt body out??????
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.