My first item that I would like more info on, thoughts etc on is this NIB Winchester M1icon carbine. Ser # 5645911 it came to me in a plain, typical, unmarked brown box, designed for a carbine. It has all the accessorories that would come with a carbine, 4 mags, oiler, grease, rubber mag caps, cleaning Rod and brush. All new and wrapped with IBM Department of the Army punch cards. The cards describe the item number, qnty and marked Export.

As you can see in the photos, it is built as an early carbine. Flip rear sight, no bayonet lug, no barrel date but does have the W proof . There is no P on the inside of the pistol grip but it does have B on top of the pistol grip. It has a deep WRA over GHD and the ordnance stamp. There is a B on the rear sight and a C on the trigger guard.

So the theory I received when I purchased it was, due to the high serial number and early parts and the export punch cards, it was built in the early 50's from parts by Winchester for someone in Englandicon. Either for a Musem or high ranking official. Like I said, this was a theory. What's yours?

Other then some handling marks it is MINT and I believe unfired. It comes with 4 mags, 2 unwrapped but new, code SW. The other two are wrapped with export cards on them. I have not taken the gun apart.

The reason I am here is to document this...feel free to ask questions.

Thank you
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.