Thread: Perth annual military fair (pic heavy)

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Last On
    05-11-2024 @ 11:10 AM
    Real Name
    CINDERS
    Local Date
    05-23-2024
    Local Time
    01:54 AM

Perth annual military fair (pic heavy)

Went up to Perth for the fair today have not been in a couple of years and whilst the weather was really kind to us the show was down on stalls and sellers. Still I had a good time brought stuff that was to highly priced but hey that's the game they have the box seat and lets face it the whole show would be 1 stall in the USAicon or Canadaicon even the U.K. Still it is a chance to get some items I picked up some books one of which "The Gunners" By Horner was cheap as chips brand new $15/AU. A 4.5" case, 25 PDR Smoke round to go with my 25pdr case, 6pdr projie rather tatty but cheap at $45/AU and a Siamese 07 with correct replacement scabbard (Not Cheap) plus a compass for $50/AU with leather pouch so happy there has a bubble but I can remedy that easy enough.
    All in all a good day bit fuzzed as it was a 450Klm round trip see pics of the day
    The vehicle pics I took with the I phone sorry about quality the one I really wanted was the jeep one but goofy fingered the pic sorry about that as you can see its a small show but attracts a large number of visitors all inside the hall at that point buying I had finished like all fairs after 1-2 hours all the good stuffs gone........

As a postscript the chap I brought the bayonet off used to buy whole collections he is thinning his out he had 12 Hookies for sale at the fair very heavily priced $1800.00 was the cheapest $2,500+ for some said at one point he had 52 hooked quilions his name is Geoff Smith some of you Aussie collectors may know him. Also a 5MD 1916 Lithgowicon with the 5MD scabb (same as mine) $750.oo!!!
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by CINDERS; 09-17-2016 at 11:21 AM.

2. The Following 4 Members Say Thank You to CINDERS For This Useful Post: