Hello all,

Quick question about the Savage less telescope Ts converted by H&H. I looked at the nice example in the Knowledge Libraryicon and I see it has the serial number stamped on the forearm.

Were all the Savage T's less telescope marked with the serial number on the forearm?

I am asking because I just purchased an all matching rifle that does not have the serial number stamped on the forearm. Everything else on the rifle is matching and is in excellent condition. Both sections of the upper hand guards are S marked and penciled with the serial number of the rifle.

Seller is stating that they weren't marked and I don't have enough experience with the Savage Enfields to know if this is accurate.

The rifle is a 1942 13C rifle and is only a few hundred serial numbers off the Savage less telescope T in the knowledge library.

Here is a link to the auction:

Enfield Sniper rifle 1942 : Curios Relics at GunBroker.com

Look at picture 15 in the auction. That is all the markings that I can find on the forestock.

Thanks,

Brian
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.