Real Name
    A.N.
    Local Date
    04-26-2024
    Local Time
    10:09 AM

Canada post screw up and need for help

Hi all,

Just wanted start with as I am writing this I am furious. I recently sold my M91 Infantry Rifle made in 1926 at Tula on a 1898 Tula receiver for the sum of 350$.

I shipped the rifle off by Canadaicon Post with a significant amount of protection (wrapped in bubble wrap, well taped etc.) and they managed to destroy the stock along the way.

Below is the photos the buyer sent me of the damage, as you can see by the photos the rifle was well protected, and whoever broke it really managed to do a number to it (only pure incompetency could cause that).

Now I am going to be putting in a claim with Canada Post over it, but in the mean while what are some possible solutions to the problem? The rest of the gun appears to be fine (they haven't told me of any other issues) so it should only be a matter of replacing the stock, except for the fact that M91 Infantry rifle stocks aren't available.

How would you all handle this? This is the first time I have ever run into this situation, and I am at a loss as what to do. The funds involved are fairly small (350$ shipped, which worked out to about 300$ for the rifle after shipping costs were out), and from what I can tell most of the rifle is intact. Do I refund approximately what it would cost to buy a new stock if one came up for sale? Overall this has me pretty rattled, as I did all I could (except buy extra insurance) and they still screwed it up.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 3 Members Say Thank You to Eaglelord17 For This Useful Post: