Last On
    08-15-2020 @ 11:35 PM
    Local Date
    04-28-2024
    Local Time
    05:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by painter777 View Post
    Deldriver,
    I remember while visiting one of the BHAMA Gang friends of mine, he was peeling off the 'BLACK' from the same area on a Bavarian he had just purchased from the south store. It was like a black tar, after removal it clearly read Bavaria Forest etc. Other than that we couldn't find anything out of the norm of a rebuilt US WWII carbine (?) go figure, it was also a late NPM.
    I don't own any but will say with the research Jim Mock has done, they are a lot more interesting to me.

Especially a recent Railroad model I believe it was him who had picked up on GB.

Cheers
    CH-P777
    Hi Charlie,

If I rub that area it does appear the black will come off, but I am hesitant to do so...also, I would think that if it was engraved underneath ( which I think at one point it must have been ) you would be able to see it through the black, but it looks smooth to me, like the engraving was milled off ( or maybe I'm wrong, you wouldn't be able to see the engraving through the black if it was still there? )

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglelord17 View Post
    Your location is listed as the great white north which I assume means Canadaicon. Value would be in around the 600-800$ range, you see them come up for sale from time to time in Canada (it actually seems to be more common to see a Bavarian M1icon Carbine for sale than a regular M1 Carbine in Canada). Prices are kept down by the fact they are restricted here, which essentially limits them to being a range toy in a uncommon caliber for most people.
    Hi Eagle, thanks for the input, yes BC. Yes, being restricted does limit it a bit, but still a fun shooter I was thinking it should be in the range you suggested, but just wanted confirmation from someone else.

2. Thank You to earl canuck For This Useful Post: