i got this rifle a few months ago, its in pretty rough shape, but honestly i like Lee Enfields that look like this one over the new looking ones, well i don't like the pitting in the metal, but i LOVE the look of the wood

so mostly i have the rifle figured out, it was made in 1935-36 by BSA as a commercial rifle its serial number 27, seems simple enough. until i looked at the knox form.

there is an odd stamp with the letters RPG below it, i didnt think much of the stamp until it was pointed out [by Englishman_ca] that the stamp is where the BSA rifle stack should be placed, but instead BSA had moved the location of their rifle stack and put this unknown stamp in its place

so i wonder what this stamp it, since BSA would have had to change their stamp setup for this run of rifles,

so the questions are, Where were these rifles going and what does that stamp mean also what do the letters stand for. and how often did BSA move their stamps around on the knox form to accommodate other peoples stamps?

thanks

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.