Don't want to keep beating a dead horse, as I have already posted several threads on the SAMCO Mauser finds, but I took the 1st two I purchased for more shooting today, and noticed some differences.
They both came from the first batch of 30 my dealer received. The first one I pulled off of the showroom floor. A 1925 model. It was filthy, but cleaned up nicely. No pitting. All matching #s except the bolt. Functions smoothly, good bore, and shoots straight. It has little to no bluing and no pitting. The crest and year are clearly stamped.
The 2nd , 1924, was one someone had put back but never picked up. It has a much better stock, good bluing and again, no pitting and clearly stamped crest and year. Had a problem with firing, but that was corrected after a second bolt cleaning. Shoots good and straight every time.
The third, the one I have on lay-away is from the second batch he received of 30. It is also filthy, but no pitting and a nice stock. He let me clean the bore and it was in good condition.
We bore cleaned and put two more in the backroom that appear to be in good shape for my later purchase (no more procrastinating as I did on the cheap Mosin Nagants)
Thing is, after examination, both '24 and '25 have the Lange Visier rear sight. The other 3 (2nd batch) have the Tangent sight.
ALL have the left side receiver gas port, however, of the two I have, only the '24 has a matching port in the bolt? Don't know about the other 3.Going back to look tomorrow.
Then, the '24 stock/ wood is "square" where the rear band meets while the '25 is beveled.
Also...the '24 has a recoil lug, as in a '98. The '25 does not. Don't remember about the others.
The '25 bolt is stamped C324, while the '24 is stamped 8811. Is this common?
Thanks.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.