OK. So, here in UKicon a genuine M41b sniper would seem to be in the order of about £3000; if you can find one.
I have been offered what appears, on the face of it, to be the next best thing. It is an M96 long rifle which has had a genuine ex Swedishicon military Ajak 4x90 scope and mount fitted, which were sourced from Sweden when such things were available (approx 2002). The mount has been professionally fitted by a well known and respected gunsmith, who has also bent the bolt handle down in the manner of the original sniper rifles. Also included is a replica of the leather cheek pad used by the Swedes, made by Moore Leather (£85, at current price), and a set of leather scope caps. The underside of the barrel has been discretely marked so that it is apparent that it is an assembled package, rather than the real deal.
The rifle itself is not a fully matching unit, in that the barrel bands and cleaning rod are replacements, all other components are matching numbers.
The vendor has sent me some pics of the outfit, which looks gorgeous, and I can view the rifle before I buy.
I am more than tempted by this rifle, in fact, I'll probably buy it, but it won't be cheap.
He has mentioned a price to me and it is a lot cheaper than a "real" one. I'll not mention what that price is, but, what would be a fair price for such a rifle?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.