Hi Guys
Not strictly a Lee Enfield question but advised to also post here as well as in the Parker Hale section.
Still trying to get my stock fitted properly. As far as I am aware it is the original stock but sits off to the left and touches the front.
Attachment 86517Attachment 86518

Been trying various things but have observed the following.
I notice that if I shim (.025") the right side at the butt collar the stock lines up nicely.
Attachment 86515

Would this suggest that the draw on the right side is too tight. I think this would have the effect of pushing the stock to the left.

In regards to the front of the stock fouling the barrel if I shim (.075")where the stock sits flush with the receiver at the front trigger screw. the barrel is then free of the stock. Would this then cause problems towards the rear.

Attachment 86516

My thoughts are that as long as it is tight at the rear with no movement then this would be acceptable. Peter I have read your article fitting a forend but this differs in that the barrel is free floating. Ie the stock has to run parallel with the barrel and have no up lift.

Regards Chubbs
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.