Hi All,

So my first post and I need some help identifying this rifle as I have spent countless hours researching and can't seem to get to the bottom of it exactly.

So this is what I know and have filled it in according to the pictures and then summarise at the end. I know it is a Military FN Mauser 30-06 large rings due to measuring it.

Serial number is 18150 and has no insignia as my father had a scope mounted about 25 odd years ago. He has no idea what was there which is why I think I am struggling to ID it exactly.
Attachment 87357

I know that because of the capitals and lower case I can narrow it down to a few countries and from the following pictures I narrowed it down to Belgian.
Attachment 87358

Just serial number again (so they all match).
Attachment 87359

Now here is where I got some success and some confusions. I know that the crown insignia (ELG) is the Belgian 'Definitive' proof marking of the Barrel. Can not find out what the 'D' is above it. I am guessing maybe year? The 'E*' on the receiver is the Frenchicon town Mutzig special marking which I have no idea what that means either? The symbol below I have no idea about either?
Attachment 87360

Serial matches again which is good.
Attachment 87361

Any idea what this stands for? Thought it may be from original owner initials or something but it looks professionally stamped?
Attachment 87362

Any ideas what the '74' stands for? To be honest it looks newer then the rifle its self.
Attachment 87363

Obviously added the sling myself as have taken for a couple of hunts here and there and scope was aded by my father as previously mentioned. Bolt handle has also been replaced because of scope clearance issues when my father got the scope mounted. The finish is actually black not grey like I though as may have been Navy version but was black under upper part of stock.
Attachment 87364

So there is all the info I know. I know it was proofed in Belgian (barrel) and French town either the rifle or just the reciever. I am sure it's the Army version due to the colour and I know it is a Belgian FN Mauser 30-06. I have no idea about year which is what I would love to know so any halp would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.