Thread: Armalite of a different flavor...

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Last On
    09-19-2023 @ 12:24 AM
    Local Date
    04-30-2024
    Local Time
    10:02 AM

Armalite of a different flavor...

I had posted in an AR180 thread on another forum, but not here. Also, it was just as Photobucket decided to change and charge $400 a year to do image hosting. Well, now I have Imgur, so we will give it a try.

Backstory, As I was leaving Mississippi in 2011 to return to CA, I had sold my Sterling AR180, because they are banned by name in CA, and are a felony. As I was leaving though, a friend offered me a mint condition Costa Mesa produced AR180 (with 2 factory 20s) for a really stupid low price I could not refuse. I bought it and dropped it at my buddy's place in Elko Nevada, on the way through to CA.

Fast forward: I would shoot it on the rare occasions that I went to Nevada (about 3 times in 5 years). Anyway, about a year or so ago (maybe more) I decided to get a Nodak Spud AR180 lower, which is "off list" in California, and can be built into a featureless semi auto. Well, I never was able to put together the energy or money, until earlier this year. I had my buddy send me the upper, and I got the lower from Mike and Harlan in June. I rounded up parts from Big Rix and Stormwerks a set out to make an AR180 I could enjoy behind enemy lines: It is California Featureless with a fin grip and muzzle brake.

And here is the retro beauty.....

I had to modify the mag catch of the NDS, because I did not want to modify the mint Costa Mesa upper. The two steel 30s work in either the Costa Mesa lower or the NDS lower now.

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. Thank You to imarangemaster For This Useful Post: