Hi,

I'm new here (not new to guns, but mostly new to milsurp). My son (12) and I picked up a Mosin Nagant 91/30 Sniper yesterday. It appeared to have never been fired (plenty of cosmolineicon, no marks on bolt, bore mirror bright, old yellowed tape still on scope, adjustments, etc.). We pulled the tape off the scope, cleaned it up a bit and took it to the range.

Got some friendly help from one of the regulars who knows Mosins, and sighted in the scope. First shot at 100 yards in the 8 ring. Got better from there. Wow. Gun seems to have made us more skilled shooters!

Anyway, we've spent some time on the 762x54 and mosinnagant sites (tons of info there, awesome resources), but don't see much about the Sniper model. Gun is marked 1943r, has ATI import marks, appears to be an Izhevsk (triangle), and has a bunch of weird markings. All numbers match.

Pics below. Any additional info anyone can offer would be appreciated. FWIW, we absolutely have fallen in love with this gun.

Attachment 87919Attachment 87920Attachment 87921Attachment 87922Attachment 87923Attachment 87924Attachment 87925Attachment 87926
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.