Threaded View

Last On
    12-20-2020 @ 01:05 PM
    Local Date
    04-28-2024
    Local Time
    03:18 AM

30-40 Krag Brass Availability

I was viewing past pages on the Kragicon section and ran across a thread on page three started back in 2015, with the last post May of 16' dealing with with low brass availability. Being only a Krag owner since last August and having a hard time finding brass back then, thought I'd pass my search for brass on. I'm probably preaching to the choir on this, but in case new Krag owners/reloaders are reading and searching for brass. Was going to just reply using that org thread, but site info advised old thread, may not be applicable to do so.

I bought the Krag at a gunshow while in the hunt for a 03 Springfield, to nice of a gun and price to pass up, always wanted one. Started searching my normal sources for a set of dies and brass. Long time shooter/reloader so I had plenty of 30 cal bullets, primers, and a 30 cal Lyman mold for casting gas checked bullets. A few of the outfits were out of dies, did find one, but brass, either used or new was really absent. Checked and was advised that the major outfits who produce brass just do limited runs. Did call Remington, they advised not known when they would.

After a lot of searching I found new brass at Graf and Sons Reloading out of Mexico, Missouri. Not cheap, but available. $43 per 50 not counting shipping, they do have discount on 500 rds. It has their 'Graf' headstamp on it and I found it is made by a old line brass manufacturing company that specializes in older/obsolete calibers. If I recall, I think they're located in Minnesota. A shooter friend of mine who shoots a lot of older lever gun calibers advised he has gotten their brass before and excellent experience with it. I did get 150 rds, probably should have got another 50, but can do later. Thought I'd pass on in case any one is searching for 30-40 brass. Nice, good quality looking brass. Haven't had a chance yet to shoot any, but that's coming. I did check some of the major businesses and a few smaller outlets that I've dealt with and know of and 30-40 brass is still out of stock except for Graf.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to Der Jagar For This Useful Post: