02-28-2024 @ 11:09 AM
    Home of The Parachute Regiment & 16 Air Assault Brigade
    Real Name
    Gil Boyd
    Local Date
    04-27-2024
    Local Time
    11:45 AM
    I suppose it lies in a multitude of small overcomable issues. Don't forget of course the Belgiumicon FN was manufactured using metric dimensions, while all the components of the "inch-pattern" UK FALs were manufactured to a slightly modified design using Britishicon imperial sizes. When I look at that original video by the SAC the weapon was brought in to fire .308, when they assumed that was to be the NATO round.
    Yes I can relate to perhaps the BB not doing what it should, but I think the issue is two fold:
    1. The selection of the right round for the barrel
    2. The barrel itself and the alignment to a round being placed into an expanding non discript barrel on these straight pulls, and thats why after so many rounds, the heat transfer is magnified and "parts" expand, where a more efficient casing on a round would prevail.

Simply put, its a compatibility issue, when you see the progress of the straight pull in this country and the way some RFD's have tackled it, or is it the lack of gas inertia to overcome the initial unlocking of the bolt toggle from the locking shoulder, as they are not working as the original gas operated designs intended them to.

Am I addressing an issue we all have after a number of rounds going through the weapon as it is configured here as a Straight Pull?? A time lapse camera with the top cover removed would solve it as Peter L suggested!!!
    Last edited by Gil Boyd; 11-18-2017 at 06:41 AM.
    'Tonight my men and I have been through hell and back again, but the look on your faces when we let you out of the hall - we'd do it all again tomorrow.' Major Chris Keeble's words to Goose Green villagers on 29th May 1982 - 2 PARA

2. Thank You to Gil Boyd For This Useful Post: