Thread: Special thanks to two helpful members on Milsurps - "stencollector" & "smle addict"

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Last On
    05-05-2024 @ 11:22 PM
    Real Name
    Colin MacGregor Stevens, CD
    Local Date
    05-07-2024
    Local Time
    04:25 AM

Special thanks to two helpful members on Milsurps - "stencollector" & "smle addict"

"stencollector" had been told of the recent discovery of a rare 1944 C No. 67 Mk. I rifle scope and he advised the owner that the rifles were even more rare than the scopes, as the Canadianicon Government reportedly had dismantled most of the 80L8xxx series Long Branch sniper rifles and scrapped the bodies. "stencollector" then told that owner that I had the correct 80L8xxx rifle and was looking for a C No. 67 MK. I scope. The scope is now in my collection and the former owner of the scope was able to complete his Long Branch 90L8xxx sniper set acquisition. A win-win solution.

Forum member "smle addict" noticed in a posting that I was sad to have had to trade off one of my Canadian made No. 15 Mk. I chests as part of the deal to get the C No. 67 Mk. I rifle scope. He has a Britishicon made No. 4 MK. I (T). Using my research database on the No. 4 (T) rifles, I had previously been able to alert and assist him when the rifle matching his scope set came on the market. He was able to purchase it. In gratitude, he offered to trade his Canadian No. 15 Mk. I chest to me in exchange for a British No. 15 Mk. I chest to go with his British made rifle. The chests have now each arrived at their destinations. Another win-win solution.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Colin MacGregor Stevens https://www.captainstevens.com [B]Model 1918 scope ideally w P14 rings; LB Scout Sniper Rifle windmill sight & furniture; No. 4 Mk. I* 28L0844; any rifle with S/N ASE-xxxx ; No.32 Mk. I SN 1042.

2. The Following 15 Members Say Thank You to Seaforth72 For This Useful Post: