Hi! New member here, figured I'd make my introductory post in my favourite section. I latched on to Swissicon firearms as my go-to about a year ago and have managed to accumulate a number of nice examples and a couple projects! Current gear list:
  • 1869/71 Vetterli with correct bayonet (have small sample of original .41 Swiss ammo)
  • 1869/70 Vetterli (parts rifle)
  • 1889 Schmidt, correct Model 1889 bayonet (have some original ammo, too)
  • 1896/11 Schmidt, correct Model 1899 bayonet
  • K11 Schmidt, 1914 Pioneer bayonet
  • 1929 Ordnance Revolver (new, no photos yet!)
  • K31 Schmidt with correct Modbayonet
  • Various helmets/hats/stripper clips/ammo pouches/cleaning kits

Some not-totally-up-to-date photos:
Misc Swiss Photo
K31 scope mount
K31

I'm waiting for the revolver to arrive next week before really putting some effort into nice photos of the whole collection.

The Vetterli is my labour of love. I really want to shoot it. I have a parts gun that I picked up and plan on making the bolt from that rifle into a center fire conversion to shoot fire-formed 8mm Lebel brass. I have the dies, powder, soft-cast bullets, and the new 8mm brass. Need to get to a lathe to do the conversion and get everything together!

Anyways, I love that I've settled into a solid collector category and I'm looking forward to picking up some of the more unusual bits over the coming years. Thanks!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.