Okay, don't think I have ever seen a directed question to this specific topic so Ill risk double-posting.

Got around to getting some NOS recoil springs (along with every other spring in the gun) as I wish to replace them all with "new" springs, for good measure if nothing else real, since my gun is from '42 and is probably fairly experienced.

I don't have any real issues or complaints other than it's 70-odd yrs of life already passed and I have no way of knowing when they were last replaced. I almost always run it in fullauto, but it does run perfectly in any setting. There are no particular issues. So, the questions......

-is there a definitive measure for free-length of both the inner & outer recoil springs to indicate "new" condition??
-along those lines, is there a "reject/replace" length published somewhere?
-Does one 'always' replace BOTH inner & outer as a full "set" of new springs, or may one or the other be replaced "as needed"??? Whatever that might mean.....

-For FP/extractor stay springs.....same questions related to "lengths" being published, etc.

-Is there any official guidance as to the need/timing of replacing all the various detent springs, etc.??

-any other "spring" advice for the gun??

TIA.
-TomH
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.