Hello All,

After lusting a few years for a SC 1903A3, pick-up one at a recent gun show. In pretty good shape, definitely has been used. I know I probably way over paid for the rifle, but it was my first historic firearm purchase. I shot the rifle last weekend and it really was very accurate at 100yds. However, I do have a couple of questions/disappointments that I wanted to get feedback on.

1) the front site and housing are definitely canted to the left. I removed the housing pin, but could not remove it. I know it is keyed, and I was trying to knock it straight off. I was wondering if I should try heat? Also, I'm hoping if I get it off I will be able to center it better. Worst come to worse, I guess I could bend the front sight blade to center it. My rear site was almost all the way to the left.

2) I went to check the barrel alignment marks and clean the gun, and I found that the barrel was bedded into the stock (probably why it shot so good). Barrel was stuck in the stock, and I could not separate the barrel and stock with reasonable force or without possibly damaging the stock. On one hand I am definitely bummed that the stock was modified and is not "original;", but on the other hand the rifle shoots well. So I guess my point is, has anyone had the same situation and what did you do?

Thanks!!!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.