Hello fellow Enfield enthusiasts,

I for the longest time wanted a No1 Mk3 and 2 years ago picked one up that had been sporterised mainly due to how little I got the rifle for. However two problems have plauged me from starting a restoration on this rifle. First item was securing a replacement charger bridge to replace the one missing on my example which I have since secured. The other was a problem I am having when trying to close the bolt.

with the bolt pushed forward as far as it will go with normal force, I cannot bend the handle down given that the face of the bolt head seems to rub against the entrance where the bolt should go into and lock. There are 3 ways I can get round this, either push as hard as possible against the bolt handle, ramming the bolt quickly into battery or with the bolt as far as it will go under normal pressure, press down slightly on the cylinder portion of the bolt head, allowing the bolt to lock into place smoothly. I have tried to take two pictures showing the point at which the handle stops and where the bolt face seems to get stuck. These should be the last two pictures in the images below.

I would also like some help Identifying the markings and the maker of my rifle. I have seen many with a factory or company listed but not one with a crown that says GR. From my own research so far it seems that I have a rifle that was pressed into Irish Free state service with Britishicon proof markings that was also possibly re barreled in 1935.

I really want to try and put this Enfield back in good order but want to try and find out how much of a problem I have with the bolt before I start an expensive parts hunt.

Thank you all for your time. And if there is anything I have left out I apologize and will answer any questions.

-ConorAttachment 93651Attachment 93652Attachment 93653Attachment 93654Attachment 93655Attachment 93656
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.