Hi! I just picked up a Lee Enfield No4 Mk2 UF 55 A23*** RAF Contract rifle which unfortunately seems to have mismatched parts. I have some questions on those parts:
  • First, the previous owner replaced the front sight with a Parker Hale globe sight. Im wondering what is the correct front sight for this particular rifle as well as where I might acquire one?
  • Second, the rear laddersight appears to have been replaced at some point. I know this because the sight is much more faded as well as beat up than the rest of my new out-of-the-wrap looking rifle. The sight is marked with a B and an arrow. Im wondering which would be the correct sight as well as where I might acquire one?
  • Third, the mag box is a WW2 Savage made mag which is obviously not matching to the rifle. My question is where I might acquire an original UF55A serial number marked mag?
  • Fourth, Some of the smaller marked parts on the rifle are marked F54 while some are marked F55. My question is shouldnt they all be marked F55 and not F54?
  • Fifth, Im gonna get a No9 Mk1 bayonet for it. My question is would it be more correct for it to be marked D-54 or D-55?
  • Sixth, Im also going to get a correct RAF sling for it. My question is (might sound weird) is the color shade more of a grayish blue or more blueish gray?

Thank you all very much for any wisdom you can give me!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.