Hi,
Wondering if there's anyone who can help me out there, as I'm building my first Muzzleloader. I've been reading what I can find, about Patented Breach or Chamber Designs for Muzzle loading rifles, Mr Nock's was the first I start with, with have no dimensions, and I've been wondering about this aspect of it's design, and what efficiency can be found. the rifle will be a .45cal Target Rifle, with 1 in 56 rifling, and a straight 15/16inch Hex x 32inch long Barrel. I'm using a small but quick, Tuned, low friction flintlock action, with set triggers. Styling it on a sort of early Britishicon type Jaeger rifle I've seen built by Grice and Others.
The best breach to use for this, is now the only part I cannot get sorted out. Could anyone out there please supply some advise on this, or a good book, even a good supplier to talk to and use. I'm truly an infant at this, so any help will be appreciated.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.