Today @ 05:23 AM
    Real Name
    kevin muffett
    Local Date
    05-07-2024
    Local Time
    07:29 PM

OZ Amnesties.

Used to think bad thoughts whenever an Amnesty was in the wind.
    The last two I decided to get involved...….trying to save the odd one or two, as a dealer/Armourer I often had to work around unregistered bits, so it was a natural progression to put myself up as a receiving agent, with the option to purchase.

The last National Amnesty netted me a nice BSA No.5 and a couple of sporting rifles, tidied up and onsold.

This current State one which has only been going for a couple of weeks and runs to the end of September, has netted me an Enfield 1918, a Lithgowicon 1929, a couple of old Blackpowder pieces and a bloody big box of assorted powders and parts for them.

A chat with another dealer to keep a look out for the bits I'm interested in might bring the odd one or two more...……...seems strange to benefit from this sort of thing, but I guess that I am saving a few from destruction...…..just keep running out of safe storage room.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 3 Members Say Thank You to muffett.2008 For This Useful Post: