Just was function testing a freshly assembled rifle with some USGI dummy rounds in SA enblocs....Pushed the full enbloc in, bottomed out nicely, then a gentle shove and the bolt slammed home..as fast as I could, I stripped off all 8 rounds, but every time, the last (8th) round be nicely extracted, but would get hung up loosely in the very top of the receiver...I would then remove the last round, and carefully push the EMPTY enbloc back down and close the bolt fully...Then, I'd strip the oprod back fast and....ping!! the enbloc would nicely eject about a foot high and away...
It almost seems like the enbloc is too far up and is catching the rim of the last round, preventing it from ejecting..

Just for a control, I took out a 5.9 NM rifle that I know runs like a Swissicon watch...It did the same thing....

Is this a viable way to test function or do you need the hard blow-back of the live round going off?

Scratching my head here...

218bee
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.