So after another disappointing day at the range, I return here looking for some advice. Regular readers will know I recently replaced the barrel on my first ever L1A1. It also has an aftermarket receiver cover, to mount a reflex sight. Last weekend, I had some feed issues, and basically it jammed almost every shot.
My untrained eye did not notice anything glaringly wrong, other than a few misshapen cases after ejecting.
I took her home, field stripped and cleaned everything. I replaced the inner and outer return springs, as well as the gas piston spring. Then I returned to the range this past Friday. I seem to have made my issues worse. The cases are very disfigured and dented.
Here is what I did, to try and pinpoint where the issue was:
-Tried 2 different kinds of ammo, both "new" manufacture, not reloads. One Malaysian surplus, and the other factory Winchester.
The gas adjustment set at 5, then up to 2.
-Several different magazines, to include a plastic, Moses machine Works aftermarket item.
-Pretty consistently the rifle locked partially back, after trying to eject, the photos show the spent rounds, mostly when I manually ejected them.
- Any helpful thoughts and diagnosis?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.